Forget new year’s resolutions – they are always the same – eat less, exercise more, pray, love, be good yadda yadda – we always end up breaking them anyway. So I say, this year, I am declaring my new year’s INTENTIONS. I am sharing them with you so that I can be accountable and you can let me know when I’m slacking or remind me later in the year if I haven’t done something I said I would.
You should do it too- grab a pen and make a list, it doesn’t have to be fancy just simply state your intentions – ceremonially burn it up to the heavens or blog about it. Tweet them to the world or just tell a friend. BE ACCOUNTABLE! Together we can make this year – AWESOME!
Let me start. This year I intend to:
1. Eat healthy (seriously less packaged foods and even lesser fast food meals. More fruit and veggies.)
2. EXERCISE! (I’m not going to say something like Lose 10 lbs or x number of inches – I just want to MOVE more. Get active. I realize I don’t have to belong to a gym or buy special equipment. I just have to get out there, play with my kids outside more.)
3. SAVE MONEY – (Isn’t this the great LESSON of 2009? If the last 2 years of economic upheaval have taught us anything it is to LIVE WITHIN OUR MEANS. That being said, I intend to INCREASE my income by doing number 4)
4. Establish my own business and make it profitable this year (in case you were wondering, I am a social media and creative marketing consultant, I am also a writer and photographer but you already knew that.)
5. Have a Photo Exhibit.
6. Support the local economy by shopping at farmer’s markets and independent shops.
7. Go green – easier said than done but we’ve already started. We try our best to reduce, reuse and we definitely recycle. But I intend to be more pro-active (that’s why you can catch me at the BEACH CLEAN UP and other such events.)
8. Go on weekly hikes in and around Orange County with my family. We already started the day after Christmas by walking around the Bolsa Chica Wetlands.
9. Be the best wife and mom I can be.
10. BLOG more regularly.
Happy New Year everyone! Here’s a look at 2009 from the same guys that gave us Elf Yourself, Jib Jab.